Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Well we decided on an adventure this morning. Even thought it looked like rain we felt we must get outside. So we decided to try fishing! I didn't let myself think about it too much as I knew if I did we probably wouldn't go as I would feel too overwelmed by the idea of all three of them close to the water while I tried to figure out the fishing pole, getting worms on the hook, untangling it and things like that. We dug up some worms in our garden, grabbed the fishing pole and all the food we needed for a picnic lunch and headed to a little park that also has ducks and a playground as back up in case the fishing didn't work :). We fed/ chased/ ate the ducks food first.




Then we headed around the pond to try fishing. Here comes Hank with the fishing pole ...



and Reesie with the worms.



Of course I couldn't get the rod to cast. So I tried letting out as much line as I could and just tossing it out there. Here is Hank waiting.



After a few minutes of that not working and me not being able to get the line out very far, we asked a young kind looking fella who was walking his 4 month old to help. He couldn't figure it out either but he did have a good suggestion. He took us to a bridge where we could let the line out and just dangle it over the side into the water. This worked great as the fish like to hang out there! We caught FOUR fish!!!! What a great morning.



Hank was so happy he told me, "Mom, you are so amazing, I feel like you have the powers of God."

3 comments:

  1. The powers of God???? That kid will never stop making me laugh, will he? I LOVE him! When is he old enough to come to camp Creasy?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a resourceful mom you are!! Such a grand adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camp Creasy is coming soon I am sure :) Maybe this summer we can figure out a way! And thanks Carey ... I am glad you call it resourceful and not desparate!

    ReplyDelete