Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

It is a new week and a new month!  We are beginning our third month here in Braintree, feeling a little more settled each day.  School has been a great way to get into a routine and have places to be, people to see and ways to be involved in our new community.  After a rainy weekend and an asthma flare up for Reesie we are happy to see the sunshine today!  As I write Hank and Reese just ran out to the  yellow leaf covered trampoline.  We had a visit from our current pastor (Corby's mentor) Troy's wife Krista this morning, leftovers for lunch with Corby and attempted to make paper mache shields early this afternoon.  I am crossing my fingers and hoping they turn out well.  The first is drying on the porch now and Corby was assigned to pick up paint on his way home from a meeting this afternoon.  Hank wants to do his silver with a red lion like the High King Peter.

Hank, Reese and I (and Barnes occasionally for pages or picture checks) have been reading through a beautiful illustrated version of the Chronicles of Narnia.  The children truly wish they could hop on a plane or walk through a wardrobe and land in Narnia.  Even Barnes today as we laid in his bed before his nap said the tree outside was coming alive and would start talking soon!  I love learning of this magical world with them and dreaming of what our God has in store for us.  The glimpses of Aslan have certainly been GREAT for my heart as we transition to a new place and new life.  Sometimes I don't feel Him or see Him but I know with all my heart He IS on the move!  And I know He always has been ... Father, Son and Spirit together.

The past sunday at church a family shared their testimony.  They grew up Catholic and were fairly regular mass attenders but slowly dropped off and for the last 10 years traveled down a pretty low path spiritually and then God moved to call them back through a neighbor and a televangelist!  I cried as I heard their story and remembered how much God (creator of ALL things) loves His children!  He is faithful and is on the move!

Praying to be apart of that with Him!  Thankful to know Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment